|How to Assure Delivery of Your MarketWave Alerts
Why Should I Do This?
Due to various factors, such as the number of hyperlinks and MLM references typically found in most MarketWave Alerts, many mail servers will
flag, divert, or possibly even unconditionally delete, your Alerts. In fact, we have added this page due to the large number of subscribers
that have notified us of undelivered Alerts, or Alerts that they found in their Spam folder. By following the very simple and quick steps below
you can assure that you will receive all announcements and Alerts sent specifically from MarketWave.
In somes cases, by simply adding our email addresses to your mail software's address book will prevent them from being filtered. However, if
you do not follow the steps below it is very likely that you will miss at least some MarketWave Alerts.
What is a White List?
- A list of "from" e-mail addresses that a mail server is configured to accept as incoming mail. E-mail filtering that
relies entirely on white lists is severely restricted because only messages from addresses on the list are allowed, and all the rest
are discarded. Contrast with blacklist.
- A list of valid domain names that a mail server is configured to accept. All mail from users with that domain are allowed.
- A list of Web sites that are allowed to be accessed. A company can configure its routers and firewalls to allow only certain Web sites to be accessed because they relate to business.
White List Instructions
Recommended email addresses to white list:
Click on the link below associated with your E-mail system for easy instructions on
how to add us to your White List:
You will need to add our "from address" to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the "Address Book" window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the "Address Card for New Contact" window to load.
- Once loaded, cut and paste the email address into the "Other E-Mail" field.
- Make our From address the "Primary E-Mail" address by checking the associated check box.
- Click the Save button.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect our email into your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
- Select Filters (bottom left corner).
- Click the Add link on the Filters page.
- Update the "From header:" rule with the following 2 pieces of information: "contains" and the email address. This essentially allows the mail server to identify our email communication based on the email's "From" address.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select inbox.
- Select the Add Filter button.
You will need to add our from addresses, MarketWave@cox.net and MWave1@cox.net to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click "Options" (upper right hand corner).
- Click the "Junk E-Mail Protection" link (top of page).
- Select the "Safe List" link (2nd from bottom).
- Copy and paste the full email address into the dialog box titled "Type an address or domain".
- Click the "Add" button next to the dialog box.
You will need to add our from address to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click Add Contact.
- Copy and paste the from address into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click Save.
- Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Check mark the box next to our email.
- Click the NOT Spam button along the top.
You will need to add our from address to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
Add our from address into your Personal Address Book:
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our "From" address into the Email dialog box.
- Click OK.
You can also right-click any email address you see in Thunderbird and select "Add to Address Book."
Now white list your Personal Address Book:
- From the main drop down menu, select "Tools -> Junk Mail Controls..."
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs:
Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the "White Lists" module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail".
- Click OK.
Netscape Mail Web-Based Email has no filters and spam protection. Therefore, you can enjoy our email without doing anything further, because it will not be mistakenly filtered.
You will need to add our from address to your Safe Senders list:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
- In the Add address, copy and paste in our from address. Click OK.
If you use a Web mail system or email application not listed above, the instructions for white listing our email address will depend on the
specific email program you are using. If you access the help files, instruction manual or customer support, there should be instructions on how to do this.
In most cases, just by adding our email addresses to your address book, safe list, white list or contact list will be sufficient.
If our updates are not getting to your inbox, then we suggest checking your spam folder, bulk folder or junk folder. If you find our email
there, you will need to find a way to inform your mail application that it is not spam. Most likely the course of action is to select our email and click
on the Not Spam or Not Junk button, if available. For more information about your mail application, please visit the help
section that is associated with your email client/email application.